Monday, April 14, 2014

The Mask

Ever had a time in your month, week or day when before your eyes is the worse version of yourself?  You try to shield the ugliness of your thoughts and bury it beneath the camouflage smile. The mask may hold true to those on the outside, but you soon find yourself feeling defeated by your own convictions. Fatigue soon begins to take control of your every movement.  Your thoughts soon become blurred.  This mask you haul soon becomes more than just a small cover-up.  It becomes a phony veneer-a false representation of who you once were in this life.

Who are you?

In my life there have been times what I considered a small veil-it has become my choke hold.  What I thought would spare others from hurt and pain in turn has caused more suffering than intended.  It has left me feeling defeated and broken.  When I should be turning the pages of my Bible-it has left me staring endlessly into space wondering where I went wrong.  When I should be in prayer-lifting my hands to the One True God that can save me-it has left me beating myself up.

All because I have knowingly implanted a veil to hide the pain.  A mask to stooge others into believing that I have it together or that I'm not easily plagued by matters.  Why do I insist on treating myself this way?  I don't have it all together!!

He did not create me to wear a mask that I intentionally place before any one person.  He designed me just as I am.   He also died to break the veil-not for me or you to wear one each day.

These are hard reminders-I know-I walk this same road today...this very moment.  But, my Savior has saved me many times before and I'm sure He will save me again and again.

Friends, if today you find yourself playing the hero or wearing a mask that you're tired of holding-know that you're not alone.  Know that you are free to let go of the cape, the mask, the veil, the drama, the image...whatever it is you're holding on to today.  He loves you----just you!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment