Thursday, June 26, 2014

Click Here to Unsubscribe

I've seen my life go through a change in the last year.  I've changed jobs, made new friends.  I've decided to make some financial decisions that took me to some of the deepest parts of the water. With all the revisions in my life you would think I would have a new hair color already to go along with it.

But, I don't think it hit me until I really took the time this afternoon to look through my emails.  See with my new job-I don't have the time to look through my emails as I did before.  Take that as you will about my prior job, but all I'll say is that it's non-stop from clock in to clock out.  I love it and I wouldn't change it for the world.  When I get home though-I don't have a desire to read through some of what pops up through the subject lines so the small trash icon is where they disappear to for the day. My evenings are spent listening to teenagers badger each other with playful antics or just in the presence of their quietness (which is very rare).  

Opening the emails today were like taking a glimpse into a journal of my past.  I began to wonder why I opted into receiving some of them.  Was I really interested in getting emails on some of those products-was my life that vain?  Did I really think that I could lose weight in 5 days without doing ANYTHING!!!!????

You can't believe the relief I felt when I all it took was to hit the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each of those emails.  Each day I've been wasting time deleting these emails-gawking at it each day- when all I had to do was take care of it all together and get rid of it once and for all. 

How many times do we do this with a sin we carry with us each and every day of our lives?  We carry it with us each and every day.  We allow it to strain us and bring us down.  Only to allow the weight of it feel like a boulder on our shoulders- as if our Savior didn't already die for us on the cross.  He already carried it for us and yet we are constantly pulling up the same subject line to just look at it and hit the delete button.  

Open it and UNSUBSCRIBE!!! HE'S ALREADY HIT THE DELETE BUTTON FOR YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment