Friday, January 3, 2014

Countdown

We had a beautiful Christmas.  Family and friends gathered, but what I love the most is Christmas Eve service. I always get a little teary eyed. Watching all the angels dance their way down the aisle. The children that play Mary, Joseph, the wise men and shepherds. I believe it's the innocence displayed. 

After a spectacular candle light service we were greeted by the magnificence of Christmas morning. I always enjoy watching our boys open their gifts and this year we had the pleasure of having our 6 yr old nephew. His eyes were amazed at how Santa took delight in the cookies he made the night before. The smile that stretched across his face as he read the letter left behind by SC himself.  Priceless!

Pure enjoyment!

My oldest son presented his gift and I couldn't help but feel that it was so appropriate for the moment.  An old table clock...it is gorgeous for so many reasons.  Gazing at the stopped hands that no longer moved with time-my heart began to wish that for a moment -I also wanted time to come to a stand still.

Long are the days of the anxious anticipation for the big, jolly man's arrival.  No longer is there the decision making...should we leave Kool-aid or Capri Sun?  (I know, I know)  There's still the early morning rise and I'll hold on to that for as long as time will allow. So, having Erick here for Christmas morning was a sweet reminder of those long ago expressions. 

The countdown to a New Year begins and another Christmas has come and gone.  My heart takes in the conversations, the laughter and even the silence.  

I asked Jonathan if he took pictures of a recent trip he and Emily experienced.  His response, "Only two, but I remember."

My favorite gift!


I couldn't say it better myself.  Those are the best snap shots of life-those you remember and carry forever in your heart.  They will never fade and can never be destroyed.

Have you taken any snapshots?

No comments:

Post a Comment