Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Just Keep Praying

Ever been too exhausted to pray or just given up on a prayer?
I know some of you may have read that question and the first thing you did was either said no or wanted to say no.  Who really wants to admit that you can become worn from praying?  I know that I don't want to admit it out loud yet alone type it. It does bring a damper to my soul to confess this to you.  When my prayers become what I feel are cripple I tell Him-" I just don't know what to say anymore." There are times I just don't bother telling Him-I just find that I have ceased the request.  I've tucked it underneath all my other requests trying to kick it to the bottom. Okay, maybe not kick it, stomp it! Just like a child trying to hide a stain knowing that He can see it and that giving up isn't what He wants me to do.

Today, I woke up ready with my heart's requests when before me stood January 15th. It's devotion clearly stating that I am to continue to pray, pray, pray-because "something is always happening."  "Prayer invites and ignites" and that they are not lost nor meaningless.

Ok...I see you Father. But, no He wasn't done with His sweet reminders. John 4:24 would pierce my very heart- piping out that true worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.

So, although I may have thought I would be done I was convicted-that if I chose to walk away from what I knew I was putting under the rug....well...I don't think I have to finish up the thought for you. (true worshiper? Ouch)

I began to open the dark crevices of my heart and prayed that one forgotten request.  The request that I felt had no hope. Yep, like I have the right to make that call. I prayed it.  I then prayed for His forgiveness.

I'd like to say that I followed through my day and my prayer was answered. Funny how it all works-that prayer was needed today. Deeply needed.  Oh Satan has decided to play his game with me with an attempt on the strings of my heart.  This is not a fairytale and we do not live in a world that always ends in "Happy Ever After."

We do however, have the choice to live in despair or in hope. In that hope the enemy can only blow and cause the winds to stir during this storm.  When the Lord called me to pull out that request and pray for it (even when I didn't want to) something happened.  He supplied the strength, the shelter-the umbrella.

Not having the words for that request is far better than giving up.  I don't believe He expects you to be perfect with your words-after all He was the only One who walked on water.

Isaiah 62:1
Because I love Zion, I will not keep still. Because my heart yearns for Jerusalem, I cannot remain silent. I will not stop praying for her until her righteousness shines like the dawn, and her salvation blazes like a burning torch.

No comments:

Post a Comment