Thursday, October 31, 2013

Wonderfully Made- Not Me?

Psalm 139:14-I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. (ESV)

Wonderfully made.  It's the two words I cannot get passed as I read this passage.  How often do I find myself in a corner of a crowded room-looking at what the cute girl is wearing and as her hair swoops ever so perfectly across her shoulders.  I don't know about you,but my shampoo isn't living up to the commercial. Or how about when He calls me to take a step and it takes me months to answer.  I pretend that maybe He wasn't talking to me after all...I didn't see any eye contact...did you?  I mean really...ME?  What could He possibly want with and from me?  I certainly don't see myself  as "Wonderful".  How could He see me this way? Yet, He does. Despite all my past mistakes and gray hairs (yes, gray-you know how many kids I answer to,right?)...thank you, Jesus. 
The Gang!


I'm sure it's hard for a lot of us to view ourselves this way. Short,tall, thin, fluffy(always my fav)...long hair,short hair,curvy, no curves...we all find them...the flaws. We're never truly satisfied. But, our Savior never planned it to be this way. He made each of us in His own image. I don't know about you,but I find it hard imagining God looking in the mirror and saying "I just hate my hips!"  

The next time you look in the mirror or you find yourself comparing yourself to the girl next door...remember...you were fearfully and WONDERFULLY made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment