Monday, September 14, 2015

Broken

I've watched someone I love hurt deep down to the core and feel destitute. It's as though I watched from an upstairs room with sound proof walls.  I found myself drumming endlessly on the clear glass and yet felt that I could not be heard.  The screams were silent to my own ears and the beating of my heart was louder than I could handle.

I cried out to God until the tears were no more-dried up like a desert. I searched for answers of my own before I could offer up any to my love one.  Questions bounced around every corner of my mind.  Where did the road turn?  How did this end up this way?  Why do they deserve such pain? More importantly-WHERE WAS MY FAITH?

Where was the faith that I spoke about to so many?  How did it fall away with every tear?

I felt paralyzed in my own fear and I could not find where my God had fled. I was stranded on an island of despair with a shattered heart that only seemed to suffocate as I watched my love one slowly grieve.

How do we get to these places?  Have you ever wondered what turn in the road or what grip did you lose that you find yourself in this darkness? It doesn't really matter how you got there-what matters is that you find your way back to the light and turn yourself around.  This is exactly what happened on that clouded day-the Son broke through and His rays channeled through my broken heart.

I felt His Words articulate and become one with my soul.  He reminded me of His love and mercy. That my cries may have seem silent but were heard up in the heavens.  As my love one's heart broke, His heart broke, but healing was taking place and plans were taking shape.  As doors seemed to be padlocked there were others that were being set free.  The tears that suggest that they had weakened were now alive in Him.

Know there is healing through what was once broken.

Psalm 34:18 NIV
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment