Saturday, October 24, 2015

Letting Go!

When you find yourself in the middle of a storm...what is your first reaction?  I know for myself I tend to just close the doors and windows to the outside.  The world has become my enemy and I don't want anyone to come into my domain.  I take grip of all that will cover me to block anyone from being able to see the inside of my center chaos.  The winds of this life seem to assault me at my every turn. I'm propelled across the darkness as my emotions seem to become bigger than me.

How did it get this far? Where and when did I allow the storm to become out of control. It's ripping through the very core of my soul. My fingers are white from the pained hold.

Let go!


Photo Credit: Reddit


The softest whisper penetrates through my very being. I still hear the rage of the winds but the calming of His promise is stronger.  I can feel the sensational pull from His love literally wrap itself around me.  There in the means of it all I'm still unable to lift my head up.  What holds me down?

Is it the shameful thoughts that I doubted-YET AGAIN?  Are the strains of my fight bearing a hold on me that I've become so weary to even hold up this heaviness?  No! It's that I'm repeating the measures of the song before. I'm playing my own tune-alone! I'm choosing to be a soloist in a world that requires me to be directed.  All it takes is my heart to call out to Him.

In doing so I'm lifted up, made anew in His love, with His power.  The middle of storm is still raging but my focus is entirely on the One.  Every stone thrown my way cannot reach me because of His influence.  Each one that threatens to steal my joy-knocked away by His Hands.  The tears that I've cried have not been unheard because I can sense the sensation in His touch. He knows me, my thoughts, my struggles, my aches and pain.   All the shame that manipulated my hope-faded.

Let go!

Two simple but yet complicated words.  A phrase that holds more than your fear-they hold His promise.


Our stay in San Juan, Puerto Rico-after a rainy night


He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed.
Psalm 107:29

No comments:

Post a Comment