Sunday, December 29, 2013

Are You Normal?

Define NORMAL.

Have you ever wondered who gets to say what is "normal"? I mean-who sets the standards?  Does it ever change?

I imagine you can see where this is going. I'm actually sitting in my bed at 4am...yes people...4AM!  (I'll definitely have to proofread) Is that normal? There was a time that I'm sure it wasn't normal. You were in maybe dream number two by this time?

But, today?

I've heard a lot of my friends say that waking up with the inability to get back to sleep-well it's become the new norm. We can't sleep because we're thinking so much- our brain is running it's own marathon.  No other contestants-just your brain.

What about family? Is your family "normal"?
I can see the heads swaying to and fro.

But, who defined it?

If I was writing my own story-my family's journey would start with a white picket fence.  Husband, wife, two kids, a dog and a cat. (Those of you who know-not a cat fan-had cat scratch fever and NO it's not just a song. ) I'd bake cookies before the children came home from school (bahaha) and dinner would be ready and set on the table before my hubby arrived home from work (now I'm rolling).
I did say it was a story...I'm no June Cleaver. Baking cookies before the kids get home? The only cookies they have come prepackaged.
My real story doesn't come close. Don't get me wrong...I have the house and the hubby with the two kids plus three more beautiful nieces.  We have family trials that would blow your mind. 

I scream sometimes-"WHY CAN'T WE JUST BE NORMAL?!"

Once He settles my heart....I'm reminded-this is my normal.

No one on earth can set my standards for normal. This is the story that He has written for me. Is it always easy to accept?  No, but my faith fights my way through all of it.
I wouldn't have it any other way and thankfully He writes and paints my story. (I can't draw a stick figure)

The Author continues to write the pages of my crazy life ( I mean really?  Cat scratch fever?) I look forward to one day reading back and smiling at it all.

What's your "normal"?

* Don't count sheep. Talk to the Shepherd. *

No comments:

Post a Comment