Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Sweet Surprises!

I was awaken by unconventional vibrations outside my house the other morning. My eyes didn't want to unlock themselves from their sweet slumber, but my curiosity was beginning to get the better part of me. Just as I was about to surrender  -Joe dashed into the bedroom to announce that a hot air balloon had just made a surprise landing in our neighborhood.

Did I hear him correctly?  A hot air balloon had trickled down from the sky and softly settled in our neighbors backyard?

Neighborhood surprise!



Yes! 

It was indeed what had happened. As I peeped out my front door- I couldn't help but feel like a kid seeing snow for the first time.  A smile pierced my heart and danced as I looked through sleepy eyes admired the band of colors.  The prism represented a situation both complicated and yet so simple. I pulled out my cell phone and popped the image. I mean, you don't see this everyday. I didn't want to forget it! The airship stood tall and splashy.  It's hefty presence was bold and delicate at the same time.

Strolling back to bed, I yanked the covers up to my chin thinking about God's love for me. Comparable to the vibrant balloon.  It's both-bold and delicate. In the last couple of days since that surprise-I've thought about how I sometimes don't understand His ways. My Savior can be complicated to understand, but then again His love is simple! There's nothing hard to get about how much He loves each of us. He just loves!
Last, but definitely not least,  I begin to think how God is full of surprises!  The wide-eyed, girl inside started to imagine that maybe...just maybe He sent that big, colorful, bold hot air balloon as a sweet reminder!

What reminder has He sent you?


No comments:

Post a Comment