Thursday, December 5, 2013

Get Out of The Clouds!

During the holidays my mind will often drift into a cloud. We tend to make Christmas into the "next big thing" and making sure we have it under the tree.  It's what we, as a society, have made it into. More about the glitter and less about the Savior.

I drove to work the other morning in dense fog-my eyes drilled their way through the white sheet.  I could faintly see the tires of the car in front of me feels it's way down the asphalt. I always waver in these elements-there's a precaution that races through my body.  I'm fidgety behind the wheel because I can't identify what's ahead of me.  My mood becomes heated as the person in front of becomes that unwise motorist you always warn your children to avoid.



I'm trapped in this grounded cloud and this isn't just today as I drive to work, but more often than I care to admit.  I end up finding that I too fall in step with everyone else during my shopping endeavor.  As I stand in line waiting for the the little cashier to remember that although this is her job-it's not mine-I have one to get back to.  I blitz to the left, to the right and make a mad dash to my car.

UGH!!!!

My heart is galloping as I race to work.

"I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date..." (that crazy fuzzy white rabbit in Alice in Wonderland)

Alice in Wonderland

Settling in- I finally hear the music playing on the radio-the sweet sounds that bring me back to the real meaning of Christmas.  How fruitless I had been during my hour-when I could have used that time to recognize the beauty of all that surrounded me.  I chose to lose myself in a cloud. 

There's a church on a the road that leads to my work place.  I love to look up at the steeple-it's graceful up against the endless sky.  It's one of the small expressions that bring me into His presence.  Passing the steeple I sense His peaceful whisper press against my heart.  My spirit surrenders and the haze lifts.  



I don't have to be stuck in this cloud-yesterday, today or tomorrow.  We may sometimes have gloomy days and cannot see what's ahead, but He can lead you out. 

Psalm 32:8

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

No comments:

Post a Comment