Monday, November 25, 2013

Direction

Ever wish you could just call God up and ask for a clear direction.  You're so desperate for some clarity that your lungs are wailing on their own.

The last couple of weeks as I drove to work, I passed the same construction sign everyday.  It directed cars to merge to the left lane. Although, I never saw a single worker there on any given day-there was some obvious danger in that area.  Each morning for the last several weeks myself and each of my fellow citizens followed instruction.  We merged left without incident.  How easy!

I'm sure, like me, you long for a life that simple.  I wish when I was about to dart into dangerous territory-there would be a sign that would alert me.

" MERGE LEFT! "

Unfortunately, this life doesn't fall into the "easy as pie" category.  We'll all face difficulties and differences.  We'll hit them dead on without the warning sign.   I'm also realizing that we may stay lingering in those situations for what may feel like an eternity.  It can be become frustrating,  as you can very well imagine,  but what do you do?

You call on Him.

That construction sign on my way to work was taken down,  but our "signs" are never taken down.  He never leaves us and we only need to open His Word for instruction. 

Romans 10:17

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the Word of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment