Monday, November 11, 2013

Missing Your Burden!

As I left the house this morning I couldn't help but notice our tree in the front yard.  In the last couple of years it has grown instantaneously before my eyes.  We live in a new subdivision in our community and most of the trees are youthful and tender.

Our first home had a huge oak tree that landed leaves all over the yard.  I despised that tree back in those days.  I didn't know what I had at the time.  What I saw then was aggravation a burden.  It left me work all over the place-leaves all over the yard and if you know me at all- I'm no gardener-I have a rock garden-enough said! I felt that huge timber allowed no sun in where I thought the sun needed to shine.  I had asked my husband several times to have the tree cut down.  He never did as I asked-we only trimmed it back! That man-he never listens to me!!!! (Thank goodness!)


Our Julian!


Today, I miss that big piece of pulp.  As I look at the tree I have now, I think about what God had given me before and how I had taken that beauty for granted.  He had furnished me with shade for protection. How many times does He guide us in a direction for our own good only to feel that it's an inconvenience? He's protecting us and yet because it's not our way-well it's not going to work. So, let's just cut it out of the way. How about that sun?  I thought at the time that it should come in at a certain angle-who am I?  It's not up to me to decide how and when it will work. Oh, how I've learned how my God has toiled over me and to think that I still have so much more to learn.

As the season's change both here and in my life I study each leaf that begins to fall. It's a reminder of His love that graces me from above. It's unique shape, color and just how it descends. Today, I'm aware of His reminders that are in His creations and I will not take them for granted. I thank Him for the falling leaves and pray that the family who now enjoys that big oak enjoys the leaves that grace their yard. I also pray that what each of you may see as a duty or a strain today-you will take time to see as God's blessing falling upon you.


My New Tree!



Matthew 11:28-30

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

No comments:

Post a Comment