Friday, November 1, 2013

What's the purpose?



Isaiah 49: 3-4 He said to me, “You are my servant, Israel, and you will bring me glory.” I replied, “But my work seems so useless! I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose.Yet I leave it all in the Lord’s hand;  I will trust God for my reward.”




Photo Batman and Robin




Have you ever had one of those days?  You know what I'm talking about "One of those days". You get out of bed ready to take the day on, you open the door and "BOOM!!! BAM!!! HOLY COMPLICATIONS BATMAN!!" (my Batman and Robin tribute) Right as you open the door the enemy is there-he's not only at the door, but he's invited himself in the house!  You begin to unravel and have already forgotten that you had put the Armor of God on just an hour before. Yep! You forgot the Sword! All through the day you ask-

"What happened? Where did I go wrong and Lord, what's the purpose?  Why am I even here?"  

You get up the next day and retrace your steps and then He hits you with Isaiah 49:3-4. You're reminded of the things He's already done.


Our family has been hit with a couple of storms these past couple of weeks. Storms that I can't control and save them from, but then again it's not my job to save them. I'm just a vessel-He's the Savior.  I've been reminded that He has a plan-I may not see that plan, but He does and that's all that matters. 

His whisper says, "I've got this-you don't need to know the details, I just want you to bring Me the Glory."

I say "Yes, I'll be Your vessel and give You the rest."

Will you be His vessel and leave the purpose to Him?

Two of the strongest people I know-my son Jonathan and his warrior Emily!




***By the way, the enemy? Carried my Sword today!!!!***

HOLY HOLY!!!!! (don't think Robin ever used that one)






1 comment:

  1. It can be so difficult for me to let go and remember that there is a Plan that I do not control.

    ReplyDelete