Monday, November 18, 2013

Layers

The other weekend my family and I pulled together and cleaned house.  It was definitely a family effort (yes I finally got to those cobwebs I spoke about in my very first blog). I have to say when we work together we can get a lot of things done-it may not be exactly how I would've done it, but then again I'm not an easy person to satisfy when it comes to cleaning house.

I came to my restroom-boy was it bad! I mean not bad in what you may be imagining, but still dreadful. After a can of Comet cleaner, a bottle of toilet bowl cleaner and a dozen Swiffer pads I was finally finished. I sat back and took a long look at my achievement. I couldn't help but feel a little somber about it all.

You may ask how someone could feel this way about cleaning a restroom.  I began to consider the layers of stickiness from my hairspray- it had fixed itself to my floor, how the traces of powder from my makeup began to build up on my counter top. Layers and layers~and then I examined the Swiffer pads in the trash, the sweat beading on my forehead. I thought about my inner soul.

How much have I allowed this world to contaminate me?  I'm sure I have layer and layers that have constructed a wall that would put me to shame if ever exposed to the public. It would take more than a few pads and some bleach cleaner to whack it down to the ground.  I know for sure it would take more than a day to demolish. I've hidden my face behind the glitter and paint. When I get ready in the morning-am I also hiding my heart behind that same glitter and gold?  Is my soul and what I reveal to others-me or an image of the made up me?

Thank God that He's bigger than a bottle of cleaner.  He's the Ultimate cleanser.  He's the One and Only that can take all those layers away. It doesn't matter what color my eye makeup-as long as I have Him in my heart-I'll always be the true me!

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

*no picture today-did you really think I would share one of my dirty restroom or me without makeup. ..come on now!

No comments:

Post a Comment