Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Outside the Box!

Has God ever asked you to step outside your box? Lately He's asked me to step outside my box in more ways than I thought possible. To be perfectly honest, I didn't know that I had more than one box.

Joe and I recently started a Bible group in our home every other Monday.  So far it's been a success!  What do I mean by success?  I mean God's been there-supplying the study and the words.  He's pulled me out of my shell - giving me the courage to start this blog.  Is it successful?  I don't know-only He knows! If it reaches one person then it's serving it's purpose. Amen? Amen!

Along with His requests (funny-does He ever really "request"?) He's asked me to take a long look at myself -outside of that box.  I've taken a step back in silence-to listen to what He wants me to hear and see what He wants me to see. Has it been easy?  No way! Every time I want to jump in and join the gossip ( I realize now that I want to jump in more often than not) I have asked Him to fight for me. When I want to start in on the negativity and wallow in the sorrow-I cry out to Him!

The realization from this time of solitude? I'm not a pretty picture. When I paint with my own paint brush I'm a mess.  I have no scenery because it's just utter darkness.  The only color in my palette is black. It's been gloomy looking at this picture the last couple of days-hard beyond belief. Habits are hard to break. It's like my relationship with salt and Dr. Pepper...sinful!





How will others see my new canvas? I'm not sure, but what matters is how He sees it! I'll give up my paintbrush (I don't have the skills anyway) and allow Him to be the Artist in my life.  Does this promise to be effortless? Well, of course not-the Lord knows me better than I know myself. He's prepared for a fight-He hasn't given up on me as of yet! -Thank you Jesus!!!!



Photography by T.Waggener


1 John 1:5 "This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in Him at all."






No comments:

Post a Comment